Fashion

It goes without saying that many mothers to be are up to their ears in planning for their new babies to arrive. From setting up the nursery to buying baby clothes and packing their hospital bag, many mothers are focused more on their coming children rather than themselves. However, it is important that every mother invest in some self-care during their nine months of pregnancy. One of the easiest ways to do this is by working on wardrobe.

Maternity fashion can be incredibly daunting for some mothers. Gone are the days of one size fits all tops. This is a time where maternity fashion can be anything you want it to be. Here are some maternity fashion tips and tricks to help any mother make the most out of their wardrobe during their pregnancy.

Only buy breathable fabrics

Layering is the way to go when you’re pregnant, simply because you may be experiencing some severe temperature changes. The easiest way to control your temperature is to stock up on items in breathable fabrics like cotton or jersey. Then grab some shirts, sweaters, and button down tops that you can layer during any season.

Invest in a coat

If you are going to invest in any piece of clothing during your pregnancy, it should be a coat relative to the seasons you’re going to be pregnant during. No matter your stage of pregnancy, you should be able to grow into your coat without feeling trapped or confined. The most comfortable coat silhouettes for pregnant women are swing coats and wrap coats, as they are flexible enough to grow with you and your unborn baby.

Don’t go shopping right away

There is no rush to go out and buy all the maternity clothes you can right away. You won’t know how your body will change until you are a few months along, so there’s no need to spend money on things you may not even be able to wear. Instead wear all of your clothes until you absolutely cannot fit in them anymore, and then buy a piece one at a time. You may find that you will only be reaching for certain items, and those trendy outfits may not be the most comfortable. Hold off on shopping and your bank account will thank you.

Buy the right size for you

It can be tempting to buy everything larger than your usual size as a way to account for your baby bump. However, purchasing items that are too big for the rest of your body can only make you look and feel bigger than you are. Maternity trends nowadays embrace your growing belly, so why not show it off? You’ll be able to buy maternity clothes that have extra room to fit your belly, but fit properly elsewhere. That’s why you won’t want to go overboard when purchasing sizes that are too large for you.

Choose a maternity waistband

Your normal jeans may fit wonderfully, until it comes to buttoning them. All you’ll need to ensure a good and comfortable fit is to buy a maternity band which will slip right up over your jeans and snuggle your belly. With these bands, you’ll be able to get more use out of your denim while staying comfortable.

Don’t forget to accessorize

If you are feeling a bit drab, don’t forget to accessorize! Adding some bling will make the difference from drab to fab. A simple necklace, a few bracelets, even shoes with some nice embroidery can work with your wardrobe throughout your pregnancy and well after.

With these maternity fashion tips in mind, you’ll be on your way to becoming a glamazon.