Ring Day Graphic

Over 3,000 Aggies will receive their Aggie Rings on Friday at the Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center. Ring distribution is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Of the 4,372 rings ordered, over 96 percent will go to students at the College Station campus, while 100 rings are distributed at A&M-Galveston, 56 at the Qatar campus and one at the A&M Law School.

Kathryn Greenwade, Vice President of Communications and Human Resources at The Association of Former Students, said Aggie Ring Day is a celebration of achievement, the Aggie spirit and the Aggie network.

“You’ve always belonged,” said Greenwade, “But now you have a very visible reminder that you belong.”

According to Greenwade, the September Ring distribution is traditionally the second largest of the year, the largest being in April, with 6,500 rings presented during the April 2018 Ring Day.

Greenwade said she expects 38,000 to 40,000 people to circulate through the alumni center throughout the day, and accommodations are set up to ensure the safety of pedestrians.

“Texas A&M transportation services is going to close Houston street to vehicles from 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. just to make sure that it’s safe for pedestrians to cross,” Greenwade said. “We are highly encouraging everyone to park at the West Campus Garage and then utilize the Ring Day shuttle. There will be eight shuttles running continuously.”

For many, Aggie Ring Day is a monumental step into the Aggie community. Greenwade said the atmosphere of the event is emotional in many ways, and people should expect to see lots of smiles and happy tears.

“When you get your ring, you feel like you’re joining such a storied past and history,” Greenwade said. “When you think about the Ring dating back to 1889 and the people who’ve worn the ring and the impact they’ve made on our world, it just makes you very proud to be part of that.”

Community health senior Kayla Hutchins received her Aggie Ring in April 2018. She said her experience was crazy, but unforgettable.

“Those 10 seconds between them grabbing your box and putting your ring on your finger is nothing but excitement,” Hutchins said.

As a first-generation college student, Hutchins said attending A&M and receiving her Aggie Ring has been a big accomplishment.

“Make it a big deal,” Hutchins said. “It only happens once, so make sure it’s everything you want it to be.”