Savion Flagg

Sophomore forward Savion Flagg completed the game against Arkansas with 22 points and nine rebounds.

Texas A&M men’s basketball’s leading scorer Savion Flagg announced on Tuesday via Twitter that he is returning to the program after withdrawing from the 2019 NBA Draft.

Flagg announced he would forego his junior season and enter the draft via Twitter on April 17. His return provides a much-needed spark for the Aggies, now led by new head coach Buzz Williams, as they are coming off a disappointing 14-18 season under former head coach Billy Kennedy.

Last season, Flagg averaged 13.9 points and 7.7 rebounds per game for the Aggies as guard and foward. In his last five games, Flagg’s scoring average increased to 21.8 points per game, proving to be an asset for the A&M offense.

Prior to Flagg's decision to return to Aggieland, Williams added five players to his 2019 recruiting class, according to VerbalCommits.com. Emanuel Miller was the final recruit to sign, joining Cashius McNeilly, Yavuz Gultekin, Quenton Jackson and Andre Gordon.

The quintet replace the four commits that A&M lost after Kennedy was fired in March.

With his return, Flagg joins four returning members from last year’s squad — juniors Jay Jay Chandler and T.J. Starks, along with seniors Josh Nebo and Wendell Mitchell.