Regents approve $16m Bright facelift

Published: Thursday, January 30, 2014

Updated: Thursday, January 30, 2014 23:01

Texas A&M announced Thursday that it will add $16 million in renovations for the Bright Football Complex, after the plan was approved by the Board of Regents at Thursday’s meeting in Galveston. The Aggies’ locker room, athletic training facilities, meeting rooms and coaches’ offices will all be upgraded.

According to Texas A&M Athletics, the renovation will be funded entirely through gift funds from the 12th Man Foundation. Encompassing 48,600 gross square feet, the project includes new finishes, graphics, office space, furniture and the latest technology throughout the facility.

A&M Athletics said construction is expected to begin as soon as possible, with an anticipated first-floor completion date of fall 2014. The third floor, which primarily includes the coaches’ offices, is scheduled to be complete by summer 2015.

The Bright Complex renovations come in addition to the ongoing $450 million Kyle Field construction project.

“We appreciate the support of the Board of Regents, University administration and Aggies everywhere,” said A&M director of athletics Eric Hyman in a statement. “The sincere commitment to excellence from everyone associated with Texas A&M is apparent. This project will continue to help us recruit outstanding student-athletes, as well as provide a first-class experience for our current student-athletes and coaches.”