Softball vs. Florida

Freshman Baylee Klingler had two hits against Florida pitcher Kelly Barnhill.

Texas A&M infielder Baylee Klingler officially announced that she will transfer to the University of Washington via Twitter on Tuesday.

“Excited to announce that I will be continuing my academic and athletic career at the University of Washington!” Klingler said in her Twitter post. “Thank you to everyone who has genuinely supported me throughout this process. Excited to have the opportunity to play for an amazing program w awesome gals! Go Dawgs!”

Klingler joins a Washington squad that went 52-9, ending their season at the Women’s College World Series. For the third consecutive season, the Huskies had over 50 wins and reached at least the WCWS semifinals.

In her freshman season with A&M, the Dickinson High School graduate started all 55 games for the Aggies, leading them to a 28-27 season record. She also posted a .289 batting average with five home runs, seven doubles and 29 RBIs.

Klingler had previously announced on May 31 that she would transfer, just less than two weeks after the Aggies ended their season at the NCAA Regional in Austin.

This is the second consecutive offseason the Aggies have been hit by losses. A&M lost four key players off its 2018 roster — outfielders Sarah Hudek and Keeli Milligan to Louisiana-Lafayette, pitcher Samantha Show to Oklahoma State and pitcher Maddie MacGrandle to Oregon. In addition, two players ended their softball careers following the 2018 season.

Per NCAA transfer rules, Klingler will be immediately eligible to play at Washington for her sophomore season.