Men's basketball braces for visiting Georgia

Published: Saturday, January 26, 2013

Updated: Saturday, January 26, 2013 14:01

The Texas A&M men's basketball team looks to find their way as they come back home to Reed Arena Saturday to face the Georgia Bulldogs. The Aggies have dropped three in a row after a 2-0 start in the SEC.

For the second game in a row, A&M faces the worse team in the SEC. The Bulldogs come to Reed with a 1-4 SEC record, 7-11 overall.

Junior guard Fabyon Harris has progressed as he has grown accustomed to Division 1 basketball. His points per game have risen to 12.2, trailing only senior guard Elston Turner for the team lead.

Despite his efforts recently, Harris said that losing leads in the past few games is only a bump in the road.

"It frustrates us a little," Harris said. "We're just going to keep working and things are going to start getting better.”

Working on toughness was also a key point after the Aggies’ second straight game in which they blew a double-digit lead. In both games, against Alabama and Louisiana State University, the Aggies seemed to have control in the first half but allowed the other team to come back only to lose the lead in the final minutes.

Head coach Billy Kennedy said his team needs to be more consistent but also said there is a problem of depth.

"I have to be more demanding in practice to some degree," Kennedy said. "We can't be a frontrunner team where everything is going good we're fine, then when things go bad we start back pedaling. We have to be careful because we don't have a lot of depth. We don't want to wear these guys out."

The Aggies look to avoid tying the second-longest losing streak since Kennedy arrived last year.  Tip off is set for 5:00 P.M. in Reed Arena.The Texas A&M men's basketball team looks to find their way as they come back home to Reed Arena Saturday to face the Georgia Bulldogs. The Aggies have dropped three in a row after a 2-0 start in the SEC.

The Aggies look to avoid tying the second-longest losing streak since Kennedy arrived last year.  Tip off is set for 5:00 P.M. in Reed Arena.