Women's Basketball vs. Houston (copy)

Guard Chennedy Carter declared for the WNBA Draft on March 30. 

Texas A&M junior guard Chennedy Carter was named to the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association 10-person All-American Team, the WBCA announced on Thursday.

Carter, who announced her decision to declare for the WNBA Draft on Monday, was also named to the Associated Press and U.S. Basketball Writers Association All-American Second Teams.

Though the Aggies’ season ended before an appearance in the NCAA Tournament, which was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, and she missed seven games with an ankle injury, Carter finished the 2019-2020 season with 491 points on .452 shooting from the field and .253 from behind the arc.

Carter’s 23-game season saw her set several program records. She holds the most double-digit scoring games with 62, which is also the number of her 20-point scoring games. She has a program-high 12 games of over 30 points, including a 37-point performance against ranked Tennessee that is the most points scored by an Aggie against an SEC opponent.

On Nov. 7, Carter also set the collegiate record for most points scored against the U.S. National Team with 34.

In addition to this honor, Carter is a two-time USBWA All-American, a three-time AP All-American and has received First Team All-SEC honors three times. She is also seven points away from being A&M’s all-time leading scorer and 17 points away from 2,000 career points.