Sweet 16: Texas A&M vs. Michigan

Admon Gilder scored 10 points in the Aggies' 99-82 loss.

Following a 2018-2019 season on the bench with a blood clot in his right bicep, Texas A&M senior guard Admon Gilder is heading to Gonzaga for his fifth year of eligibility.

Gilder will graduate from A&M this week with a degree in university studies business. He will be eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer.

Gilder's announcement came soon after his reported visits to Gonzaga and Texas Tech within the last few weeks, and A&M's new hire, men's basketball head coach Buzz Williams in early April.

For the Aggies, Gilder was a major contributor in the back court, averaging 10.8 points and 2.5 assists per game over the course of three seasons. Gilder found a lot of postseason experience with A&M as well, visiting the Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA Tournament in his freshman and junior seasons.

After the 2017-2018 season, Gilder declared for the NBA draft, but decided to come back to Aggieland for another year. He also laid out the option to head to the professional ranks after his senior year, but decided to use his last year of eligibility with the Zags.

Gilder will visit Reed Arena in 2019 for the last time, as Gonzaga will come to College Station to finish up the home-and-home series with A&M. The Aggies lost in Spokane early last season 94-71.