Ole Miss recap

Hady Habib and Noah Schachter won their doubles match 6-1.

On Tuesday, the No. 11 Texas A&M men’s tennis team won 2-1 in doubles against No. 17 Ole Miss and went 3-3 in singles play to win 4-3. Coming into Tuesday’s matchup, the Aggies had won three straight over the Rebels.

In the first match of doubles play, Carlos Aguilar and Bjorn Thompson won 6-2 over Ole Miss’ Tim Sandkaulen and Finn Reynolds. The second match was flipped, with Nikola Slavic and Jakob Cadonau winning 6-2 in favor of the Rebels.

But Hady Habib and Noah Schachter took the third match 6-1 to give the Aggies another doubles win, which put the Aggies permanently ahead in the match.

Valentin Vacherot made quick work of his opponent to give A&M their first singles win of the afternoon with a 6-3, 6-3 win as Habib came back after dropping his first game to win two straight and the match.

Ole Miss won three of the singles matches to make the score 3-2, but Barnaby Smith sealed the Aggies’ fourth straight win over the Rebels when he took down Cadonau 6-4, 6-7(2), 6-2. Smith is ranked No. 110 nationally.

The Aggies travel to Ann Arbor, Mich., this weekend for the ITA Kick-Off Weekend. They will face No. 21 Pepperdine on Saturday at Michigan Varsity Tennis Center.