Texas A&M vs. LSU

Fans rushed the field following the win.

Texas A&M has been fined $50,000 by the Southeastern Conference after fans stormed the field following the Aggies’ 74-72 seven overtime victory over No. 7 LSU.

Saturday night, A&M and LSU went back and forth scoring 146 combined points, 1,017 yards and five hours of play which resulted in the Aggies’ first victory over LSU since joining the SEC.

Monday, the SEC offices in Birmingham, Alabama officially announced the fine for the violation of the "SEC’s access to competition area policy due to fans entering the field following its football game against Louisiana State University."

According to the statement, the money received from the fine are deposited into the SEC Post-Graduate scholarship fund.

Since this is A&M’s first offense they were only fined $50,000 dollars. However, according to the policy — which as implemented during the 2015 Spring SEC meetings — the fine increases after every following violation.

“Institutional penalties range from $50,000 for a first offense to fines of up to $100,000 for a second offense and up to $250,000 for a third and subsequent offenses,” the statement read.

Also included in the email was a notice that the SEC offices are in contact with both A&M and LSU for the altercation that occurred on the field involving members of both coaching staffs at the end of the game.

Angel Franco is a telecommunication media studies senior and sports editor for The Battalion.