A&M baseball caps 8-game homestand

Published: Monday, February 24, 2014

Updated: Friday, February 28, 2014 00:02

baseball

John Benson

Junior third baseman Logan Nottebrok slides into home Sunday for one of his team-leading 10 runs scored.

No. 18 Texas A&M baseball will host the Houston Baptist Huskies at 6:35 p.m. Tuesday. The game is the last in the Aggies’ opening eight-game homestand

The two teams last met a year ago in the season-opening series at Olsen Field, with the Aggies trumping the Huskies 6-5. This will be the third time the two teams have met in College Station in the last three years, with A&M holding a 2-0 advantage entering Tuesday’s  matchup. 

The Huskies (6-1, 0-0 Southland) come off a series win against Northeastern. A&M swept Northeastern while HBU won two of the three game series.

Both teams’ strengths have been their offense, averaging more than six runs per game this season. The Aggie bullpen has accumulated a 1.71 ERA this season as opposed to HBU’s 2.91 and A&M has notched two shutouts this year to the Huskies one.

Junior infielders Logan Nottebrok and Cole Lankford have led the team in hitting. Nottebrok has posted a .296 batting average with nine RBIs and three homeruns while Lankford has a .286 average with seven RBIs. Nottebrok has scored more than any other Aggie this season, crossing the plate 10 times. 

The Aggies will travel to Fresno, Calif., to take on the Fresno State Bulldogs (6-2, 3-0 Mountain West) starting Friday in a three game series.