• 0

In Aggieland, it’s said if something is done twice, it’s a tradition. What about 118 times? It’s been 7 years since the last t.u. game, a tradition older than the 12th Man itself. If our athletic director Scott Woodward’s claim that we are “booked 10 years out” is true, the fish class that y…

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!

• 0

In response to the class council recent decision to exclude a stop at Lawrence Sullivan Ross’ statue, as a former Regent I feel compelled to address the damaging line of thinking that has increasingly contributed to decisions such as this.

• 0

In one of my favorite Bible stories, Jesus has a conversation with a Samaritan woman at a well. Normally, this interaction was taboo, since Jesus was a Jew and she was a Samaritan, but Jesus did not care. Instead of refusing to talk with her, like His Jewish peers would have done, He saw her…

• 0

Respect, leadership, integrity, loyalty, excellence and selfless service. None of these values are found in the recent behavior of Blue Baker, an iconic restaurant in BCS. After George Bush Drive East and Texas Avenues were rezoned for retail in College Station, Blue Baker knocked down a low…

• 0

Five days after I marched with the GLBT Resource Center at the Houston Pride Parade, the official social media accounts of Texas A&M posted pictures of the march online. The posts quickly invite negative comments sharing a simple rationale: Pride is not what A&M is about; it is not p…

• 0

In December of 2010, I was raped by a student of Texas A&M. The City of College Station Police Department as well as the University Student Affairs Conduct Panel were made aware; however, the bruises lining my arms and legs, semen found both inside of me as well as on my sheets, and ripp…

• 0

As a student, hearing about the importance of travel and broadening one’s horizons can sometimes sound like a broken record. Yet, going abroad can both inspire and inform an individual in ways that can only be gained through firsthand experience. For me, traveling this summer uncovered both …

• 0

I was deeply disturbed to hear that Richard Spencer, a white-supremacist, racist Nazi, has plans to speak at Rudder Tower in December. Major General James Earl Rudder fought bravely against the Nazis. In a recent speech before a conference for the National Policy Institute, Mr. Spencer spoke…

• 0

Close your eyes and take yourself to the most beautiful landscape you have ever been to, whether that be the enormous mountain ranges of the Rocky’s or the vast desert in the Sahara.Now ask yourself, if you could be there right now, would you?As an American with a passion for the environment…

• 0

For HelpLine Awareness Week, The Battalion will publish daily guest columns written by HelpLine’s volunteers. As anonymity is a concern due to the nature of HelpLine calls, The Battalion has granted the guest columnists the use of pseudonyms. 

• 0

Jeff Ross, the brilliant comedian who came to roast the prisoners in the Brazos County Jail and shine a light on the prison problem of the United States, suggested that this weekend’s Oscars will be like the 1970’s comedy "Blazing Saddles."

• 0

Donald Trump can’t seem to escape the headlines, with his most recent remarks calling on the United States to bar Muslims from entering the country. Whether it is Ben Carson who claimed that an American Muslim shouldn’t be president of the United States or Jeb Bush’s suggestion of only allow…