Midnight Yell

2018 Senior Yell Leaders Conner Joseph, Gavin Suel and Blake Jones look out to crowd as they get ready to begin their last Midnight Yell as Yell Leaders.

With the Aggies set to kick of their 2019 football season against Texas State on Thursday, Yell Practice at Kyle Field has been scheduled for Wednesday at 10 p.m.

In a public statement Monday afternoon, the university said gates will open to the public at 9 p.m., and a Champion Pop-Up-Shop will be set up near the 12th Man statue from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. 

The decision to deviate from the typical start time of midnight is part of Texas A&M's preparation for the weeknight season opener. This will be the second year in a row that the Aggies have started their season on Thursday, and the matchup with Texas State will be broadcast on SEC Network. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m.

Classes will be held as usual on Thursday, but there will be some adjustments to parking and bus routes. A full list of changes and recommendations is available on the Transportation Services Football Thursday page.