Quiet Company hosts Transgressor album release party

After getting its start meeting through Craigslist, Texas rock band “Quiet Company” released their newest of four albums, Transgressor, late last month. As a part of the bands album tour, they are visiting the Grand Stafford in Bryan Friday night.
Coming off of the last album released in 2014, “We Are All Where We Belong” which amassed a major cult following in Austin, Transgressor has developed a different vibe, one that deals with lead singer Taylor Muse’s newly discovered atheism.
“Transgressor is not as much of a concept record as ‘Belong’ was,” Muse said. “‘Belong’ just kind of dealt with one thing the whole album. Transgressor scoots around a little bit more.”
He related the theme to a popular Native American proverb depicting two wolves battling inside of you. One wolf is evil and encompasses greed, jealousy, sorrow, resentment and ego. And the other is good and includes joy, love, hope and benevolence. When asked which wolf wins, the answer is “Which ever one you feed.”
“So I kind of think of Transgressor, as a record about what happens when you feed the bad wolf for about a year and a half,” he said.
By definition, Transgressor means offender, miscreant, or criminal and goes beyond the lines of moral principle.
The band recorded the album in just 14 days, and was the first album the whole band worked on collaboratively.
Throughout the years, Bryan has been one of the band’s favorite places to play. Muse said the style and hospitality of the Grand Stafford are a good fit for the band.
“We’ve always had a good time playing there,” Muse said. “I remember we had our first show in Bryan a long time ago and it was just pretty crappy. I just thought ‘Well maybe there is no point in trying to play here,’ and then the next time we played there, it was full room and it was really awesome and we had such a good time. It’s kind of been that way ever since, so it became one of our favorite places to play.”