Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Junior F Julius Marble (34) dunks the ball during a game vs. Vanderbilt on Saturday, March 11, 2023 in Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee.
Julius Marble arrested for sexual assault
Hunter Mitchell, Associate Sports Editor • April 18, 2024

On Thursday, April 18, Texas A&M basketball player Julius Marble was arrested and charged with sexual assault. In October of last...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

Aggies head to Houston College Classic for toughest challenge of season

Peña— THE BATTALION
G.R. Hinsley slides safely into third base 
Peña— THE BATTALION G.R. Hinsley slides safely into third base 

The Aggies are one of two unbeaten teams in the NCAA, but they prepare to meet their toughest tests to date as they leave the confines of Olsen Field.
The Texas A&M baseball team rides a 13-0 record heading into the Minute Maid Classic in Houston this weekend. A&M will face off against Nebraska, No. 8 Houston and Baylor over the weekend.
The No. 11 Aggies feature a deep, powerful lineup that is a pitcher’s nightmare — seven Aggie starters have double-digit RBIs on the year, and eight of them have hit at least one home run this season. Sophomore right fielder Nick Banks leads the team with 14 RBIs on the year, and Logan Taylor leads the team with five home runs this year.
Three Aggie hitters are batting with an average over .400, led by Mitchell Nau, who has a .450 average.
The classic gets started on Friday afternoon, as A&M will face off against former Big 12 foe Nebraska. The Cornhuskers (6-4) are led offensively by Blake Healdey, who is batting .351 with 13 RBIs, along with five doubles and one triple.
A.J. Minter will most likely be on the mound for the Aggies on Friday. Minter leads the team in ERA (0.56) and in strikeouts (23). Nebraska will send out Chance Sinclair.
Saturday, the Aggies face their first top 25 team of the season, taking on No. 8 Houston. The Cougars (8-5) have a lineup that features three players with double-digit RBIs. Connor Wong leads the team with 14 RBIs, but the player to watch is infielder Chris Iriart, who has 11 RBI with three home runs while batting .348.
Houston will send Jake Lemoine to the mound on Saturday, while A&M will send out Grayson Long. The junior pitcher is 2-0 for the Aggies in three appearances with 12 total strikeouts.
In the finale on Sunday, A&M will take on Baylor. The Bears (6-5) are 0-3 away from home, and were recently swept by Cal State Fullerton. Logan Brown leads the Bears, batting .359 with 8 RBIs.
A&M will send junior Matt Kent out to pitch, who is 3-0 in three appearances this year with 17 strikeouts and a 2.29 ERA. Baylor will send Austin Stone to the mound on Sunday.
Two games stand between SEC play for the Aggies, which starts next weekend.