A candleholder stands during the 100th annual Muster ceremony held at Reed Arena on Sunday, April 21, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
2024 Muster highlights the Aggie Spirit
Mia Putnam, Senior News Reporter • April 23, 2024

Every year, Muster reminds current and former students why we are called the Aggie family. This year was no different when thousands of Aggies...

Sophomore DB Jacoby Mattews (2) and sophomore DB Sam McCall (16) attempt to stop LSU WR Malik Nabers during Texas A&Ms game against LSU on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023 at Tiger Stadium (Katelynn Ivy/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first round-graded pass catcher
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 22, 2024

As NFL defenses have found ways to stifle scoring opportunities and keep the lid on big plays, a bigger burden falls on the pass catchers for...

Members of Aggie Replant pick up trash at Aggie Park on Feb. 5, 2024. (Photo courtesy of Mayra Puga)
Aggies come together to promote sustainability
Ayena Kaleemullah, Life & Arts Writer • April 22, 2024

As Earth Day arrives in Aggieland, talks about environmental action are growing. From planting trees to creating an impactful sustainable lifestyle,...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

Blair boasts team’s success at his weekly radio show

Jenna Floyd — THE BATTALION
Women’s basketball head coach Gary Blair hosts his weekly radio show at Wings ‘N More Monday night.
Jenna Floyd — THE BATTALION Women’s basketball head coach Gary Blair hosts his weekly radio show at Wings ‘N More Monday night.

All-around team ball is lifting the Texas A&M Women’s basketball as of late, according to head coach Gary Blair.
In the weekly visit to Wings ‘N More Monday night for his radio show, Blair highlighted how impressed he was with his team following their 66-46 victory over the University of Florida Sunday.
“I think it was very unselfish of our starters particularly in the second half,” Blair said. “In the first half we had balanced scoring and everything. [Tori]Scott and [Chelsea] Jennings came in and Jada [Terry] did a great job in the first half. We continued in the second half, but as Williams hit a couple of jumpers to start the second half, then she gave some great passes to Jada Terry who finished and it’s just good to see the kids share the ball. When the kids share the ball, everybody gets to play, everybody’s happy and it makes it a lot easier on the ole’ coach.”
Sunday’s victory marked the fourth straight for the Aggies, who started the month ranked seventh in Southeastern Conference standings after a 4-3 stretch in conference play in January.
The No. 12 Aggies February success surged them up the latest conference standings into a tie for third place with No. 11 Mississippi State, and 3.5 games back from first place No. 2 South Carolina University and No. 6 University of Tennessee.
A&M’s recent success, as they head down the final stretch of the 2014-15 campaign, does not surprise Blair.
“We’ve always been a good February team here at A&M,” Blair said. “I think our kids get our system down pat. They start playing within [themselves] and then our bench starts getting comfortable on what their role is. What can they do? How can they help us? And I think that was very evident in that ballgame yesterday how well our bench played because we used ten players in the first ten minutes of the game and eight of them had scored in the first ten minutes of the ball game.”
A&M will look to continue spreading the ball around and its unselfish play as they prepare for the Missouri Tigers at 7 p.m. Thursday Night in what is Senior Night at Reed Arena.