76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

View from the other sideline: LSU

Tyler Stafford, sports editor of The Battalion, interviewed Trey Labat, sports editor of the Daily Reveille about Thursday’s matchup.
THE BATTALION: What are the expectations for the LSU team as they finish up their season?
LABAT: Expectations are pretty low in Baton Rouge. At this point we know what Anthony Jennings is: a mediocre SEC quarterback. The Tigers are in the midst of one of the worst passing slumps in team history, and getting beat in College Station by the Aggies to finish up a 7-5 regular season seems possible.
THE BATTALION: How do you view this season? Was it a rebuilding year or disappointing?
LABAT: It was definitely a rebuilding season. Look at the TV Sunday and you’ll see four former LSU players who left Baton Rouge early playing and succeeding in the NFL. If two of those players come back, the offense would be much improved.
THE BATTALION:What do you think of A&M? Do the Aggies pose much of a threat?
LABAT: LSU matches up well with the Aggies. The Aggies’ strength is their passing attack and LSU possesses one of the best secondaries in the nation with Tre’Davious White and Ronald Martin. The battle of the game will be between La’el Collins and Myles Garrett, if Garrett can constantly disrupt plays in the backfield it will be another long day for the Tigers offense.
THE BATTALION: Have you been to Kyle Field? How does it compare to the atmosphere of Death Valley?
LABAT: Have not been to Kyle Field, but from what I’ve heard and can see on TV, the gameday atmosphere looks pretty special. But few things compare to a fully charged Death Valley on Saturday night.
THE BATTALION: Who are some players to watch for the Tigers?
LABAT: Travin Dural is the receiver Anthony Jennings likes to take his deep shots to, and he will be the focal point of the passing offense. If Dural can beat the Aggies deep once or twice in the game it will open up things for a struggling running game.
THE BATTALION: What is your game prediction?
LABAT: LSU 24, Texas A&M 14. I think LSU’s struggling offense is helped by a subpar Aggies defense and the Tigers defense makes a couple of big plays to win the game.