Nancy Plakey-Videla stands in Evans Library on Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2024.(Abdurahman Azeez/The Battalion)
A&M professors discuss Texas border policies, legal clashes with federal government
Cameron Gibson, News Reporter • March 28, 2024

For a few hours, a new law known as Senate Bill 4, or SB4, went into effect on March 20, making crossing the border illegally a state crime.  The...

Texas A&M pitcher Evan Aschenbeck (53) delivers a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Arizona State on Friday, March. 1, 2024 at Globe Life Field. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Aschenbeck’s extended relief guides A&M to 9-7 win over Auburn
Luke White, Sports Editor • March 28, 2024

Senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck entered the sixth inning of Thursday’s game between Texas A&M baseball and Auburn in a situation that likely...

From feral to fostered
From feral to fostered
Camila Munoz, Life & Arts Writer • March 27, 2024

Texas A&M houses almost 70,000 students and nearly as many cats. The campus is home to a high feral cat population, most notably around Heldenfels...

Graphic of Jared Shult on TikTok
Jamming with Jared
March 27, 2024
The EV team displaying their car on March 24, 2024 at Aggie Park.
‘Rollout 2024’
March 25, 2024
Should an app that sexualizes kids still be permitted within the United States? Opinion columnist Bj Barnes says it’s time to ditch TikTok. (Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: Tick tock, TikTok
Bj Barnes, Opinion Columnist • March 28, 2024

The bipartisan bill that rocketed to the top of national headlines after passing the House 352-65 could spell doom for everyone’s favorite...

Pecha Kucha Night to explore local work

The College of Architecture’s Institute for Applied Creativity will co-host a Pecha Kucha Night on Tuesday, a series of presentations in which people from around the community describe their work with 20 pictures and a time limit of 20 seconds per slide.
Presenters will showcase their work from a wide range of backgrounds including theatre, creative arts and robotics.
Joseph Morgan, department head of engineering technology, will present alongside his students.
“I am the ringleader for a group of 13,” Morgan said. “Twelve will be students from three of our capstone design teams. We’re going to try to do a group presentation and see how that works.”
Like many of the presenters, Morgan said the biggest challenge of the event is the short amount of time allotted to explain the presentation.
“Engineers seem to be complicated people,” Morgan said. “Anything done in 20 seconds is an amazing feat for an engineer.”
Rodney Hill, professor of architecture, will present at Pecha Kucha Night and said he will explain many of his pieces in his presentation.
“I’ve given several talks around, doing a full range of sculpture from things I’ve done here on campus to various churches and things like that,” Hill said. “It’ll be a fairly broad range tomorrow.”
Cade McGovern, anthropology junior, said Pecha Kucha is one of many ways Bryan maintains its expanding art scene.
“It seems like a bunch of local TED talks in a way,” McGovern said. “It’s just kind of a way for us to experience art in the local community and to learn a bunch of really cool stuff in the process.”
Morgan said his students will benefit from becoming acquainted with these kinds of presentations, despite the challenge of having so much structure.
“Part of the challenge here is, number one, removing pretty much all the words makes it difficult to be ready to present a complex subject using only pictures,” Morgan said. “And then being limited in the amount of time you have to be very specific. So I think all of these things will be of value to my engineers as they continue doing formal presentations to a variety of different groups.”
McGovern said the audience can expect a unique learning experience from attending Pecha Kucha Night.
“Being able to convey your message, your passion, your point in just that short amount of time and without that much material — it’s definitely going to be very challenging, but very exciting to watch and learn from in the process,” McGovern said.
Pecha Kucha will be at 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Grand Stafford Theater.