Texas A&M guards White and Carter selected in WNBA Draft
Texas A&M womens basketball senior guards Tyra White and Sydney Carter were selected in the second and third round, respectively, in the 2012 WNBA draft Monday.
White, leading the team this season in scoring with 13.1 points per game, was selected fourth in the second round, 16th overall, by the Los Angeles Sparks. Carter, leading the team in assists and steals this season, was selected third in the third round, 27th overall, by the Chicago Sky.
In the previous two WNBA drafts, from 2010-2011, there have been three other former Texas A&M players drafted all of them in the second round. In the 2011 draft, Sydney Colson went 16th overall to the Connecticut Sun while Danielle Adams went 20th overall to the San Antonio Silver Stars. In the 2010 draft, Tanisha Smith went 22nd overall to the Seattle Storm.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thebatt News Articles
Recent thebatt News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEBATT
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEBATT NEWS
RECENT THEBATT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World