Texas A&M guards White and Carter selected in WNBA Draft
Texas A&M womens basketball senior guards Tyra White and Sydney Carter were selected in the second and third round, respectively, in the 2012 WNBA draft Monday.
White, leading the team this season in scoring with 13.1 points per game, was selected fourth in the second round, 16th overall, by the Los Angeles Sparks. Carter, leading the team in assists and steals this season, was selected third in the third round, 27th overall, by the Chicago Sky.
In the previous two WNBA drafts, from 2010-2011, there have been three other former Texas A&M players drafted all of them in the second round. In the 2011 draft, Sydney Colson went 16th overall to the Connecticut Sun while Danielle Adams went 20th overall to the San Antonio Silver Stars. In the 2010 draft, Tanisha Smith went 22nd overall to the Seattle Storm.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thebatt News Articles
Recent thebatt News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEBATT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEBATT NEWS
RECENT THEBATT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...