Texas A&M guards White and Carter selected in WNBA Draft
Texas A&M womens basketball senior guards Tyra White and Sydney Carter were selected in the second and third round, respectively, in the 2012 WNBA draft Monday.
White, leading the team this season in scoring with 13.1 points per game, was selected fourth in the second round, 16th overall, by the Los Angeles Sparks. Carter, leading the team in assists and steals this season, was selected third in the third round, 27th overall, by the Chicago Sky.
In the previous two WNBA drafts, from 2010-2011, there have been three other former Texas A&M players drafted all of them in the second round. In the 2011 draft, Sydney Colson went 16th overall to the Connecticut Sun while Danielle Adams went 20th overall to the San Antonio Silver Stars. In the 2010 draft, Tanisha Smith went 22nd overall to the Seattle Storm.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thebatt News Articles
Recent thebatt News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEBATT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEBATT NEWS
RECENT THEBATT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”
- CDA Launches New Digital Copper Learning Center
- Sierra Club Calls on University and College Students to Join the People’s Climate March
- College Students Are Signing Up With An Innovative New Social Network