Post Classifieds

A&M throttles Arkansas-Fort Smith, 102-29

By Charity Chambers
On November 2, 2012

With the number two recruiting class of 2012 in the country, No. 12 Texas A&M womens basketball team defeated Arkansas Fort-Smith Lions 102-29 in the only exhibition game of the season Thursday.

This was an easy win for The Aggies despite the departure of longtime associate head coach Vic Schaefer. Schaefer is now the head coach at conference opponent Mississippi State and will face A&M late in the season. Before leaving, Schaefer said he will have mixed emotions about competing against Texas A&M womens basketball head coach and longtime friend, Gary Blair.

I have mixed emotions about it but you know its one game. Schaefer said. Theyll have a great team, they have the number 2 recruiting class in the country so theyre going to be good.

Texas A&M junior Kelsey Bone led all scorers with 14 points and senior Cierra Windham followed with 12. The excitement of the players showed before the game.

On a Facebook post Bone said, Its gameday! #moneytime.

That excitement translated onto the court as The Aggies put up a triple digit score which hasnt been accomplished since 2010.

The Aggies never gave the Lions a chance to lead as they got off to an early 12-2 start. It was no turning back for The Aggies as their opponent failed to put up a good fight. During the first half, The Aggies went on a 33-0 run that would put them at a 54-14 lead at halftime. Coach Blair said all the players were ready to play and he expects good things from the recruiting class this season.

I think we just came out ready to play, Coach Blair said. I thought all 14 kids were ready to play and they all did a great job. This recruiting class is going to be good; once they learn the system and get some games against better competition they'll be great."

The Aggies have a tough schedule ahead of them; facing top 10 teams in their first three games. Despite tough competition, the 2010 National Champions will seek to take back the championship.

To start the quest, the Aggies will face No. 9 Louisville in Kentucky on November 9 at 6 p.m.

Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly

From Around the Web

More thebatt News Articles

Recent thebatt News Articles

Discuss This Article

GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER

or Create an account

Employers & Housing Providers

Employers can list job opportunities for students

Post a Job

Housing Providers can list available housing

Post Housing

Forgot your password?

Your new password has been sent to your email!

Logout Successful!

You just missed it! This listing has been filled.

Post your own housing listing on Uloop and have students reach out to you!

Upload An Image

Please select an image to upload
Note: must be in .png, .gif or .jpg format
OR
Provide URL where image can be downloaded