A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Auditions continue for Singing Cadets ensemble

This year, the Singing Cadets will take the stage for their 108th season.
Auditions are being held all week for the all-male performance organization. David Kipp, the director of choral activities, said the group welcomes all auditions. The students who join the Singing Cadets are easy and enjoyable to work with, Kipp said, because they all have experience singing.
“One of the neat things about working with the cadets is we don’t have to teach them,” he said. “We work with the greatest group of guys I can imagine.”
The Singing Cadets perform at many campus events and are frequently requested for concerts by the president’s office and the Association of Former Students.
Each year, they perform around 70 to 80 concerts around the state and the country.
Every three years the Singing Cadets go on an international tour. Last year, they traveled to China. Kipp said the group represents the core values of A&M and he enjoys seeing the values promoted not only in the United States, but across the world.
“If we can do that in the United States and all the way to China, what a great opportunity,” Kipp said.
Senior sports management major, Rob White, said he’s enjoyed being in the Singing Cadets. One of his favorite moments, he said, was performing for and meeting George W. Bush in 2011 when the former president visited campus.
“I got to have a one-on-one conversation with him,” White said. “I also got to sing at Gov. Rick Perry’s inauguration.
John Rogers, junior chemical engineer student and Singing Cadets business manager, said his brother convinced him to audition and helped him through the audition.
“My brother was a former student,” Rogers said. “It was a great group and I heard a lot of stories, so I auditioned.”
Every Friday afternoon at 5 p.m. preceding home football games, the Singing Cadets will hold a concert in the MSC Flag room, with the first performance this Friday.