Spring into fashion
New styles and daring combinations are predicted to make appearances this spring season, or, in the case of Texas, just about any day now.
Though the official season doesnt begin until March, spring trends and styles are already making their way to boutique and department store racks. The slow return of warmer days and greenery brings with it a colorful assortment of new styles and fashion. From feminine and edgy to clean cut and light, students have much to look forward to and possibly a few purchases to make in the next few weeks.
Amanda Hoffman, senior English major and sales associate for a local womens boutique, said this seasons trends for women are a contrasting combination of themes and styles.
I think mixing really feminine with edgy pieces is the way to go, Hoffman said. Like leather with studs but then a floral dress or something.
It appears as though girly-meets-punk is the look to aspire to for women this season. According to Hoffman, popular items include leather and denim jackets, lacey tops and flowery patterned pieces. She said its not new items that are trending this spring, but rather the pairings of differently themed pieces.
I think there will be a lot of pastels and lace, said Victoria Gamez, junior health major and sales associate for Pine. Like see-through lace, where you can wear colorful stuff underneath. And then I think that leather is going to be in, leather and lace for the spring.
Gamez said details are extremely important this spring, expressing femininity and adding extra flare. She said the cut of a top or skirt can put a whole new spin on the outfit.
There are a lot of the peplum tops those are huge too, said Shelby Hawkins, a sales associate for Merge, a local womens boutique. I think that the high-low dresses and high-low skirts will still be big. Long sleeve dresses that are shorter will also be in.
Of course, no outfit is complete without the right accessories.
I think that bubble necklaces are going to be way huge, Hawkins said. I love the bright-colored bubble necklaces with solid-colored long sleeve dresses. They would be cute with boots or wedges.
Kayla Cavazos, junior international studies major, said shes excited to wear lighter clothing and footwear again.
Im excited to get back into sandals and skirts, Cavazos said. Ill miss the boots, though.
For the guys this spring, Tai Ma, the mens department manager at Dillards, said the traditional polo and dress shirt cuts will remain in style but with new colors and shades to show. Of course, mens staple jeans and khakis are also sticking around.
We have the same classic styles coming in, Ma said. But were also seeing a lot of linen, lighter colors and pastels. Were moving away from our cardigans and winter colors and transitioning with the seasons.
Ma said mens fashion doesnt alter as drastically as womens. For men, jeans, traditional button ups, plaid and a myriad of color combinations are here to stay.
Wilkins Vargas, senior political science major, said that hes missed the warm weather clothing but believes that mens fashion will stay the same this season.
I think with guys, its really just jeans and a traditional shirt, Vargas said. It doesnt really change for us much.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thebatt News Articles
Recent thebatt News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEBATT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEBATT NEWS
- ‘The crowd always parts for the Corps’
- No. 9 A&M equestrian team primed for first SEC showdown
- A&M cross country gears up for SEC Championships
- Aggie volleyball travels to Alabama for conference showdown
- Opinion: Building toward the future
- Aggies look to end losing streak
- Aggie soccer claims SEC Championship on senior night
RECENT THEBATT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!