Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority House

Texas A&M reported another COVID-19 cluster at the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority on Friday, Nov. 13.

This is the third A&M sorority to report a cluster, following Kappa Kappa Gamma and Delta Delta Delta in August, and the seventh overall cluster reported. The Kappa Alpha Theta cluster was reported via A&M’s COVID-19 Cluster Notification Requirement webpage, which is required by the U.S. Department of Education’s Clery Act.

A&M uses three variables to identify clusters on campus: The number of individuals who test positive for COVID-19 in relation to population size, the activities in common among the COVID-19 positive individuals and the mitigating factors, or lack thereof, that had taken place to prevent the spread of the virus, including social distancing and face coverings.

A&M reported 45 new positive COVID-19 cases as of Nov. 12 on its COVID-19 Dashboard, bringing the total number of active cases on campus to 398.

Assistant News Editor

Myranda Campanella is an international studies junior with minors in journalism and French and assistant news editor for The Battalion.