Nathan Matos

Students can write letters to Nathan Matos' family throughout this week.

On Saturday, history senior Nathan Matos died in a car accident near the intersection of Holleman Drive and Wellborn Road.

Tuesday night at 11 p.m., the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets hosted an Echo Taps Ceremony, open to the public, on the Quad in remembrance of Matos.

A visitation will be held for Matos on Thursday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Hillier Funeral Home in Bryan. This is open to the public and a chance to pay respects to his family.

Matos will also be honored in a Memorial Service by the Corps of Cadets on Friday in All Faiths Chapel on main campus. The service will begin at 3:30 p.m., and due to the limited space only family, close friends, university dignitaries and the Corps of Cadets can attend, according to Corps Commandant Joe Ramirez.

Students and community members can contribute to funds for funeral expenses through the GoFundMe campaign gofundme.com/matos-family which was set up by one of Matos' relatives. 

Donations can also be mailed to the Texas A&M Foundation or submit on the Foundation's website. For precise details on how to donate this way, visit the Commandant, Corps of Cadets, Texas A&M University Facebook page.

Additionally, written letters for the Matos family are being collected in the Sanders Corps of Cadets Center this week between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.

For updates on ways to donate money, where to send flowers and other general information regarding Matos, check the Commandant, Corps of Cadets, Texas A&M University page on Facebook.