Traffic

In an attempt to alleviate some of the football gameday traffic, the City of Bryan is offering free parking in Downtown Bryan and has partnered with A&M to offer free shuttles to Kyle Field on gamedays. 

Joseph Dunn, deputy city manager for the City of Bryan, said for Saturday’s game against Ball State approximately 500 people used the shuttles. Dunn said the City of Bryan expects to see a significant increase in the number of people who use the parking spaces and shuttle service as awareness grows.

“We look to see that number go up quite a bit. For the first week that’s really not that bad, we’ll definitely see an increase,” Dunn said. “What we really want to do is help people avoid traffic and have a good time.”

Dunn said the shuttle program will also hopefully attract visitors to Downtown Bryan businesses. 

“We’re hoping to do what we can to promote more people to go downtown, to shop, eat and just hang out both before and after the game,” Dunn said. 

Dunn said the service is open to anyone looking to avoid gameday traffic. 

“Students that have apartments don’t have to fight the traffic — it’s not just free for out of towners it’s free for everybody.”