Snowball Fight on Simpson Field

A huge student snowball fight took place on Simpson Drill Field on the afternoon of Feb. 15th.

All virtual and face-to-face classes are canceled Feb. 17-18.

Texas A&M sent a campus-wide email Feb. 16 announcing all classes will continue to be canceled Wednesday and Thursday due to ongoing severe weather and rolling power outages in the Bryan-College Station area. All face-to-face classes on Friday, Feb. 18 will be held virtually.

“Texas A&M University will review scheduling options for make-up work for classes,” the email reads.

The Memorial Student Center will remain open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily to offer warm shelter for community members, according to the email. However, no dining options will be open in the MSC.

The university also opened a warm shelter in Reed Arena on Feb. 16, which will remain open until 12 p.m. Thursday.

Managing Editor

Myranda Campanella is an international studies junior with minors in journalism and French and managing editor for The Battalion. Before serving as managing editor, Myranda was the assistant news editor and a news reporter.