Computer

If you’re a developer, chances are you’ve heard plenty of your colleagues talking about AngularJS and its many benefits. It’s possible you’ve even considered migrating to the platform yourself. From its ability to scale alongside your projects to its impressive suite of features, there are plenty of reasons to give Angular a try. Before you begin learning the ins and outs of this framework, here are a couple key items to keep in mind before you get started.

The basics of Angular

Angular is a platform that makes it easier to develop web applications. It enables you to incorporate HTML as your template’s language and allows you to use that code to express functions of your application more clearly. Essentially, Angular is what HTML might have been had it been developed strictly for building applications. Whereas components of many applications, such as data binding, routing, and injection commonly stump developers, Angular makes them much easier to implement.

From the get-go, Angular saw pretty high levels of developer engagement and, as such, a sizeable community has developed around the framework. While this community makes it easier to get answers on common stumbling blocks, that doesn’t necessarily mean that Angular is particularly easy to pick up and implement. In fact, a fairly regular criticism leveled at the platform is that it’s got a rather steep learning curve. Many development teams require some form of external training and support to fully migrate to Angular. However, you shouldn’t let that deter you from investigating this framework further.

Using Angular

While it’s technically possible to develop most projects through the framework, Angular truly shines when it’s used to craft applications that handle larger amounts of data. Many developers have created full-fledged virtual reality applications as well as several games with the platform, but many users rely on Angular to develop simpler projects, commonly form-based apps. However, if you’re only creating smaller applications, it may not be the most intuitive framework for your projects.

What about larger, more complex projects? Well, this is where putting in the time and effort to learn Angular really pays off. Whereas simpler libraries like JQuery are more sensible for small apps, they often require more intensive maintenance if the projects grow. Angular, however, is able to scale alongside such projects and maintenance even at much larger levels tends to remain simpler. It’s especially useful for applications that run in multiple environments or on multiple systems. That doesn’t mean that single-environment applications are out, though. It simply suggests that you might find more value in Angular if you need it running in multiple places.

Angular education for effective implementation

Unless you’re one of those rare Boston-based teams that has an in-house educator, you’re liable to find that Angular may be a bit daunting to implement on your own. Learning it can be challenging enough as it is, let alone teaching it to your entire team. Don’t worry, though, there are several agencies that specialize in Angular training in Boston, New York, or other major cities that can help you get more up to speed.

From smaller, more introductory concepts to Angular’s more complex tactics, the right agency will help guide your team to a smoother implementation. Many training outfits even offer on-site services which means you’re learning the framework from the comfort of your own office. It removes a lot of the pressure on your team and makes the learning environment a more collaborative, engaging space.

Regardless of your skill level and specific needs, Angular is a popular platform for all sorts of applications. Even though it may not make the most sense for a smaller app, it still has its uses and can be a very effective tool for many teams. All that’s left to do is start learning.