Caring, intelligent and goofy

Andrew offered a hand whenever needed.

Published: Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Updated: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 22:07

Andrew Graf

Andrew James Graf, 1992 - 2011

Andrew James Graf, 19, is remembered as someone who always demonstrated love and loyalty for his family and friends. He was always available to lend a hand whenever needed. 

Andrew was born on January 8, 1992 in Argyle, Texas to Melanie and David Graf. He graduated from Argyle High School where he was inducted into the National Honor Society and served as the French Club president. 

Family and friends described Andrew as both creative and skilled in several different areas of design and media. As a sophomore at Texas A&M, Andrew was preparing his portfolio for admission to A&M's College of Architecture, where he planned to specialize in digital 3D modeling and visualization. 

Carrie Bass, a close friend of Andrew, said he was a loving, caring, intelligent, goofy and wonderful human being.

"I loved Andrew so much," Bass said. "He was there for me through thick and thin when I was having a hard time with my life. He got me through so many things that could have put me in danger. He listened to every word I had to say. He is someone I will never ever forget."

One of Andrew's hobbies was listening to different genres of music. He found an interest in vinyl records and listened to them on his turntable. Some of his other hobbies were writing, shooting, skateboarding, longboarding, creating digital images and producing and acting in short story videos with his classmates and friends. 

Aaron Kim, another of Andrew's friends, said Andrew was the first person to reach out and greet him in Texas, coming from the island of Guam. 

"I will be always grateful for what Andrew did," said Kim, a freshman general studies major. "He was a great friend and was truly liked by everyone. He always had a smile and knew just exactly how to put everyone in a good mood."

Dan Yost, Andrew's Bible study leader, said he was honored to have Andrew in his Bible study.

"He was a very special part of the group and I know all those guys developed some special relationships," Yost said. "I remembered our trip to Pine Cove several years ago, which Andrew was a part of. We took a group photo there and it's my favorite picture from all my years of youth ministry and I'm so glad he was a part of it."

Andrew is survived by his parents, Melanie and David, and four brothers, Christopher, David, Nate and Benjamin.