Donald Sloan

Pacers at Wizards 11/05/14

Former Texas A&M basketball player Donald Sloan has a new home in the NBA this year.

The Brooklyn Nets gained the services of the former Aggie star by signing him to a contract on Monday, though the details of the agreement were not released.

Sloan gained much fame among Aggie and Baylor fans alike with his dunk, infamously dubbed “The Baptism,”  He also starred on Aggie teams that featured Aggie-great Acie Law and current NBA star, Deandre Jordan.

After spending time in the D-League and overseas, Sloan has appeared in 157 games during his NBA career. The guard has spent time with the Atlanta Hawks, New Orleans Hornets, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Indiana Pacers. He put together the best season of his professional career with the Pacers this last season. Sloan averaged career highs in games played (53), starts (21), points per game (7.4), rebounds per game (2.7), and assists per game (3.6).

Sloan was undrafted coming out of Texas A&M in 2010, where he was part of an Aggie program that advanced to the NCAA Tournament in all four years he was at the school. The Shreveport, Louisiana native was named to the All-Big 12 First Team after his senior season, where he averaged 17.8 points per game and shot 44 percent from the floor. He finished his career at A&M as eighth all-time in points and assists.