The two individuals remaining in the NCAA tournament representing Texas A&M both fell Friday in the round of 16 in Waco.  Although they will be going home, Jeremy Efferding and Saska Gavrilovska will both be walking away as All-Americans. 

The sophomore, Gavrilovska was matched up against No. 11 Stephanie Wagner from Miami (FL) Friday and gave her a run for her money in a three set battle. 

After dropping the first set, Saska fought back to take the second, (6-4) and force a third and decisive frame. Following multiple rain delays the Aggie All-American fell to her opponent by a final count of, (6-1, 4-6, 6-4). 

In what would be his final match as an Aggie, Jeremy Efferding was faced with the task of taking down No. 8 Ryan Shane from the NCAA champion Virginia Cavaliers. The two players met each other for the first time in the Elite 8 of the national tournament and the match remained unfinished with Efferding holding the advantage, (6-2, 2-3), 

Unfortunately for the A&M senior this match did finish, and much to his chagrin, as he was defeated in straight sets, (6-4, 6-4). 

In the midst of defeat, the team captain for the Aggies can have pride in the fact that in his final season he led the program to an Elite 8 appearance, which was the furthest that the team had gone in over a decade. He will also always be remembered by Texas A&M as not only an All-American but as a leader as well.