It's manners: Men should treat women with respect

In response to a March 3 mail call:

Published: Wednesday, March 3, 2004

Updated: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 20:07

To word it similarly to what was written in this mail call, it seems that one Aggie in particular needs an obvious lesson in social poise: Men should treat all women with respect, regardless of their so-called beliefs.

While I understand his frustration at being asked to stand when there were empty seats available, this kind of selfishness and arrogance is appalling. Last time I checked, it was not only the members of the Corps of Cadets who stand up so that women may have a seat on the bus, nor should they be the only ones expected to do so.In case you haven't taken a good look around, we are in Texas, where respect and manners are taken seriously, and women around here are very conscious of that.

Of course women are as physically able to stand as men, but why be disrespectful and make them? I personally think it is wonderful that the Corps takes pride in its manners, and I am proud that those three members took the time to defend what they believe in. To all you boys out there, take note.Manners and respect are very important to all women, even in something that might seem small to you, like giving up your seat on the bus. To you, Mr. Ford: Good luck getting a date.